Nieborów - park open from 10.00 till dusk. The Palace of the Radziwiłł Family in Nieborów was constructed in 1697 by the Polish Primate Cardinal Michał Stefan Radziejowski. Nowadays it holds a museum with a superb collection of sculptures, many portraits and drawings, a library and beautiful furniture. The park surrounding the Palace was designed in the Anglo-French style by Bogumił Zug. We recommend a walk through the limetree alleys with their magnificently arranged bushes amongst which sculptures and columns are hidden. Reserve two hours!
- romance style park, open from 10.00 till dusk.
The park was created in 1784 by Helena Przeździecka Radziwiłł as a romance style-landscaped park. There are several buildings inside the park, for example the Arch-priest Shelter, the Gothic House, Murgrabi’s House with a stone arcade and the Aqueduct which consists of a bridge over the narrow Skierniewka river and a wonderful lake with the most important building in the park - Diana’s Temple. A summers walk in this magnificent park can cause serious ’overheating of the heart’ so beware lovers or those who are in love...
We think that the Arcadia is the most beautiful park of its kind in Poland! Reserve 1,5 hour or more, you never know!
Last update May 2009