How to get to Warsaw ZOO:
Get to Bankowy Square (underground: RATUSZ) and then take trams 13, 23, 26, 32 or buses 125, 160, 170, 190, 192, 307, 512 and get off at PARK PRASKI stop. Cross the park (about 400 m) and you will find yourself at the ZOO’s gate.
You can also get there by arriving at RATUSZOWA ZOO stop by bus 100 (in season) or trams: 6, 21, 43. You will see the ZOO’s gate when getting off the bus. From the tram stop turn right and follow the ZOO walls about 500 m to the ZOO’s entrance gate.
In Warsaw ZOO there are:
• over 5 thousand animals (nearly 500 species)
• 31 species under rescue programme
• the most modern Elephant House in Europe
• Fabulous ZOO - a paradise for children
• Reptile House and Aviary
• 40 hectares of beautiful park land with valuable trees and well maintained green areas and shrubbery
• new born residents: a female bactrian camel, a llama, and a red-bellied tamarind (a kind of monkey)
• 6 young cheetahs born in April 2005
• places for picnics
• rich educational program: school lessons, lectures for students, activities for children
• bars, restaurants, shops
Ticket office 09.00-15:30Tickets prices: admission: 17 zł, reduced: 12 zł.
Ticket valid for one year: 60 zł, children up to 3 years old - free entry. Retired persons and pensioners: Tuesdays free entry.
Did you know that the free city guide The Visitor is looking after a female bactrian camel called Helga?
Here is our lovely pet.
The traveling lover kind of animal. As we are!
last update January 2012